Segway Forum banner

New quad, should I trade it in? or sell it? Before something on my quad brakes, and I’m stuck paying

• Trade it?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sell it? Ffs!

• F right off and kick the bucket?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I feel troubled and kinda regretting that we got this atv. well it’s my first atv and I drove atvs before and I never drove a new atv but drove a few atvs before and I’m only 25kms in and I see other ppl having the same issues I have like the gear shifting is sometimes hard, my oil light is on n off, what’s really tripping me out is the second drive I had alla sudden as soon as I was going it felt like something was dragging and also felt like I had a flat I stopped checked out the obvious and jumped on and felt normal and the next time I went it felt the same now. I parked it and Im really worried about that I never felt that was driving atvs before and having a brand new one shouldn’t be having these problems and if I’d known about how new the company is and the similar problems ppl have here I would’ve said no deal and now what should I do? ffs!

·
8 Posts
Hard to know how to comment on this in a kind way. 'Research' probably covers it. You bought a bike with zero knowledge about it? A few seconds on Google will tell you Segway as an ATV manufacturer has been going a couple of years, and like all of us who took the plunge, you weigh up the risks. Research will also produce plenty of posts about the gear shift and oil light, but you make reference to other people commenting on it so you must have seen that a decent dealer sorts this. The flat tyre thing I do not get - it's flat/under inflated or it's not. The dragging sensation I can understand - the engine braking is spectacularly effective and unless you are applying throttle it is actively slowing the bike.
I have a Canam Outlander 570 and a Honda Rancher and both have their quirks. My new Snarler has 20 hours on it and so far has been perfect, but I am half expecting issues that others have complained about to arise and my first course of action will be dealer/warranty. You do not mention having tried this?
As for what you should do ffs? Only you can answer that.
Keep us informed what happens as other peoples experiences all add to the knowledge base.

·
12 Posts
Feels like a flat is probably just the angle of the trail you're on, you can look over the side easily and check while moving.
Oil pressure light is a faulty sensor sending the wrong signals to the dash. Check your oil level and if it's good just book a time with your dealer to get it sorted. The place I bought mine knew of the issue and had it swapped out for a new sensor in 20 minutes. Hard to shift is every bike I find, my old man just got a polaris 1000 touring and it takes a good amount of pressure to change gears, try to avoid parking it on a hill same as you would a regular car, put the parking brake on before putting it into park. If you're in a mud hole use your weight and shake it around a bit to get the weight off the gear.

1400km since buying it in march about 52 hours i'm liking mine. It seems overbuilt for the hybrid models they're planning to make that have over double the power numbers from just the gas engine.

Factory 18 month warranty is pretty big when you see can ams only offer 6 months, I'll be increasing mine since they are untested long term and I like the security.
AT6SX

If I were you it depends on your financial situation, if you don't like the bike you don't like It. If you're able to take the financial loss and can afford something else i'd go Honda or Yamaha for reliability, Polaris for comfort and either Polaris/Can-am for power.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts