Segway Forum banner

Anybody else concerned about reliability?

17K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  Cor Bob 
#1 ·
These are the first Segway Powersports products, right? Anyone else as concerned as me about reliability??? I don't want a paperweight out in the yard!!!! How much is Segway testing these things? Any reports or press releases or videos or anything showin how these will last???

#2 ·
They seem well built. The 18 month factory warranty is pretty reassuring and the fact that you can increase the warranty any time in that 18 months is what sold me. I haven't even gotten past the break in period on mine yet there's too much snow on the trails but so far I feel pretty confident in it. AT6SX

#3 ·
1400 km in and 52 hours update
AT6SX
Canada

Oil pressure light came on the dash during a ride the other weekend, called the dealer while I was out on the trail after I checked my oil level which was good. They knew of the problem, certain sensors are sending the wrong signals to the dash so it wasn't an actual problem. Rode the rest of the day and took it in monday, they fixed it in about 15 minutes under warranty.

Overall liking this bike so far, I'd make the same purchase again at this point. I was between this and a Polaris 850, ended up picking this because it came with more options and it's more fuel efficient. Warranty is tough to beat as well 18 months with unlimited extensions as long as you do it while it's still active. I'll most likely get the extended warranty just because I like that added security but so far the only problems i've had is a blown out sidewall from a big rock(my fault) and the oil pressure sensor which was a non issue.

#6 ·
I d stay away, I have two that I bought for work, they don't get an easy life but well maintain, simple spare are hard to source, on to my second CVT now, on both quads and they are now having issues. Stiring rack bolt has snapped on both also. Look good, comfy to ride, just not reliable

#8 ·
I would not purchase a Segway Fugleman. We purchased ours in June of 2023. We took it to Colorado on vacation. It overheated and died on the trail several times. We had to stop and wait 30 minutes for it to cool down. Also, the heat behind the driver's seat is unbearable. We took it back to the dealer as soon as we returned home. The dealer had it for 3 weeks and said it was fixed. We took it out again. It is worse now. It starts and stops consistently and loses power while driving it. It also died again. We immediately loaded it back up due to the fear of being stranded. These UTV's are total CRAP! I would not recommend buying one. I regret 100% our purchase. Also, Segway may offer a good warranty but they will not answer their phones or return your calls. Horrible customer service!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.